Charles P. Lago M.D. FACS, FASCRS
Dr. Charles Lago is a graduate of the Mount Sinai School of Medicine in New York. He completed a surgical residency at the School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences State University of New York at Buffalo and a Fellowship in Colon Rectal Surgery at Orlando Regional Healthcare System/University of Florida Affiliate.
Dr. Lago is a Diplomat of the American Board of General Surgery and a Diplomat of the American Board of Colon Rectal Surgery. He also serves as the Chief of Staff for Westside Regional Medical Center in Plantation, Florida and as Medical Director of Colon & Rectal Surgery at Coral Springs Medical Center.
Dr. Lago has published numerous articles on surgical procedures and complications and diseases commonly found in colon rectal surgical candidates. As a result of his studies and publications, Dr. Lago is frequently a guest lecturer at many symposiums and to many community groups locally and nationally.
In addition to academic and medical pursuits, Dr. Lago was a board member for the American Cancer Society, The Broward County Medical Association and numerous other medical and civic groups. Dr. Lago has sponsored the Cancer Society’s annual “Relay for Life” fund raiser and a proponent of colon cancer awareness.
Dr. Lago served or presently serves:
- Board of Trustees University Hospital
- President of Colon & Rectal Clinic of Ft. Lauderdale
- Florida State Chairman Colon Cancer Committee American Cancer Society
- President of Coral Springs Surgery Center Board
- Board of Trustees, Westside Regional Medical Center
- Chief of Staff, Westside Regional Medical Center
- Chairman Credentials Committee, Westside Regional Medical Center
- Memorial Hospital West
- Memorial Hospital Miramar
- Chairman Colo-Rectal Cancer Task Force Broward County American Cancer Society
- Board of Directors Broward County Medical Association
- Medical Executive Committee, Westside Regional Medical Center
- Featured in 2002 edition of “Consumers Guide to Top Doctors” – A National Publication
- Named Top Doctor in South Florida in Miami Metro Magazine
- Medical Doctor Colorectal Surgery Program at Coral Springs Medical Center